Tuesday, February 1, 2011

J & B MET goes LARGER THAN LIFE

WOWWWWWEEEEE!!! what an unforgettable experience! 2011 was my first year of experiencing the glitz and glamour of the wonderfully renowned J&B MET, and boy was it one I will never forget!!!

Although I was never really keen on the whole shmazzle bazzle idea of the event... it was well worth the whole dress up affair and of course all of the aches and pains of my feet and the numbness of my all toes.

The main reason I decided to go was due to the fact that I wanted to support my fellow friendies as a few were chosen to take part in the very prestigious Most Elegant Couple competition! All I can say is that South Africa has some AMAZING design talent!! Huge congratulations to Carla Gordon, 'one of FEDISA's very own' for stealing the coveted title! your outfits were breathtakingly beautiful!


Most Elegant Couple 2011, designed by Carla Gordon

Many guests went way and beyond this year and took the theme Larger than life literally much larger than life! there were very oh so talented stilt walkers who walked for nearly 8 hours on 15 ft stilts, towering way up into the skies on a slanted hill and uneven grass... a true talent... really admired them!!



Due to it being my first MET experience, I chose not to go way too over the top, as I didn't know quite what to expect! I wore one of my own creations! which was a flowy cream ensemble made from chiffon with ornate flower detailing along the hemline!


Bianca Da Silva on the right, wearing a lovely pink ensemble paired with a large cream hat! *
overall the 2011 Met was extravagant, huge, over the top and all-round spectacular! Definitely an event which will be added to my yearly calender!

P.S Most definitely wearing flats next year * OUCH :)

http://www.winkball.com/walls/73IOY-7dzp_6/j-b-met-2011/ see link for interview with winkball - Bianca, Robyn and Nicole (3rd small icon)

1 comment:

  1. Yay :) I'm your first follower :)
    Lovely post :) lovely blog so far :P
    x j
    croquislife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete